Sunday, August 21, 2011

Bizarre Result of Mica Activities

Theme: 'Play around with your Mica'

Here's a bizarre result of our Activities Challenge, created by our CFSPh Members.

Inspired by looking at them. Amaze by realizing what talent they have.

Activities Challenge is a better way to encourage every artist to practice our clay skills to enhance, motivates, and inspired so then we will build a so called Accomplishment, by making our own techniques using mica powder.
Until next activities challenge. :)




Mica Entries from CFSPh Artists:
w/ their own short narrative how they make and what they used.
Click image for full preview.


Play around with your Mica: 
Created by Melody of Crafting Time Melody i used white clay for the background... nilagyan ko lang sya ng diff shades of green mica powders from bottom to middle...then blue mica on top na may konting super light green pa rin para greenery talaga sya kahit may blue clouds.. hehehe talagang may story pa noh?i colored the butterflies with mica powder din, then applied acrylic (brown and gold mix) para nakita yung details...i love the tree... it isnt perfect yet... i dont want to copy kasi the actual work of Janet Wilson & Rocky Antonio but i got the inspiration from them.. :)hopefully soon magawa ko na sya the way i want it to be....




Playing around with your Mica:
Created by Dianne of LittleCharacter ShoppeMy very own version of "TREASURE BOX"Materials i used: treasure/jewelry kraft boxpearl pink polymer claybright pink polymer claymica powderhearts texture sheetstampsheart mold
Play around with your mica:
Created by Faith of JustclayingaroundI made the fairy wings using wire, mica mixed with diamond glaze...
Play around with your Mica:
Created by Mariel of Inspiredand GuidedThis is my brag tag mini scrapbook album. I am also into scrapbooking and I like mosaics so I decided to do a project with this technique. Using mica powder is a challenge for me because I only know that mica can be rubbed on clay or can be mixed with clay. In doing the challenge, I thought of mixing mica powder with a bit of water and I was so excited with the result. I was not contented with the outcome though because I would like to have a super shinny effect that would not fade as you touch it. So, I mixed mica powder and white glue and came up with mica paint. I used this to grout the tiles together to avoid any awkward space. I also painted the back part and sides of my album with it.I use air dry clay, by the way. :)
Play around with your Mica:
Created by Jo Antonette of Kindergarten KailI always find a way to add a little mica powder here and there in every projects I made. In this case, I used gold, copper pearl and red.The project is a round compact mirror with clay embellishment on top - a "love letter" stamped background with gold mica on the transcription topped with a girl with flowing hair and pink flowers. I added a powder of copper pearl and some gold highlights to the hair and flowers, and red and gold mica for the lips and the eyes.
Play around with your Mica:
Created by Ling of Thought OfyouI wouldn't call this something super original or unique but I like the colors and the effect of the mica. I applied the mica after smoothing out the clay and it has a 'floating effect' on the compact mirror :)
Play around with your Mica:
Created by Tara of Clay BabiesI created an Africana Figure using mica powder.
Play around with Mica:
Created by Jein of The House of Kawaii by Hush PotatoHere's my Portrait of Beauty. I was hooked with her eyes and i fix her hair to make her more attractive and fabulous. I only used white air dry clay, imagining the curly hair she will have and then using Mica powder, I mixed it, and she become a 'Beauty of Candy'.
Play around with your Mica:
Created by Nina of Cous' ClayI matched the flower and the beautiful butterfly.



No comments: