Tuesday, July 24, 2012

"One who never stop learning." -Melody

.Featured Artist.

We've send them a Featured Interview Questions and those featured artists have the same questions but definitely they are outgrows and response it differently. Maybe they/we have ditto when it comes to the word "artists", "clay", "craft", "hand-made" or "creations" but the way we made or create it are way more differently because every artists have own magic in their hands and deep differ feelings towards their passion. That's why it's more "omoshiroi'" or interesting in english if we get to known-edge every stories they have. 

So are you ready to meet Melody? Here we go. 

Meet Miss Melody Manalaysay of Crafting Time, one of the first three spotted featured artists and now we are finally get to know more about her wonderful crafting creations. Each interviewed questions are originally and effortfully answered by Melody. So please read carefully and enjoy their interview stories. 



My name is Melody Manalaysay I started playing with clay on July 2010, I got bored with beads available in local market. I wished to make my own beads and it became possible because of Polymer Clay.

How long you are working as an Artist? 
Well my nanay calls me an artist since I was young, i make my own paper dolls and designs her clothes. Can we count that? 

Do you have a different so-called Artist Name or your signatured name as an Artist?
We have an online shop named Crafting Time!, which we will turn into a physical shop soon! (Crossing my fingers, and my toes lol!) 
and I am also Ms. Crafty in my blog www.crafting-time.blogspot.com

If there is, how and what's the meaning of your signatured Name? 
             Crafting Time! by Lody and Lomie-  as the name says – it tells about our love for craft… crochet, paper craft,  beading, wiring, sewing, name it! - My mom is also a part of Crafting Time, i make clay pieces and she assembles them into accessories. we also make paper flowers, bags, etc..

So, What kind of Artist are you? 
            One who never stop learning

Your best stamina/ for working/creating? 
            orders of course.. c”,)

What makes you inspired by pursuing your gifted-talent?
            mom and friends inspire me to create… SALES inspire me to create more c”,)

What do you like about your work? 
           Have you seen the movie ENCHANTED? There was a scene where prince charming was asked by his step mother's assistant "do you like yourself?" and his answer was "What's not to like?"
it made me think.. no one will like my work first, but me.. So i love everything.. and I look forward on how to make my creations better than the previous ones... There is always a room for improvement.

Which colors you prefer to work with? And why? Give some 3.
           I love pastel colors.. pink, yellow, sky blue, purple.. they are light in the eye.. brings happiness to the kids and kids at heart;  I love earth colors.. the color of nature..  garden- flowers, leaves, trees, butterflies, the beach.. the sun.. the sand… 

Do you think do you have some signatured creations or your usually eager to do?
          That i am not sure of... but I love incorporating my works with wires... it is something i can call mine.


Where/How did you get ideas about your creations?
          Nothing in particular… I think when you are creative.. it just goes to your head even when you sleep! c”,)

          Let me tell you a story.. i saw a leprechaun tutorial in the internet.. but since I don't work with dolls or chibis, that time, I don't stock beige or skin color... I wanted to try the tutorial but not having a skin tone clay makes it impossible to do, so just went to bed and fell asleep.. then i had a beautiful dream.. in my dream, Mr. Leprechaun was teaching me how to get his skin color.. he checked my clays and took out translucent, gold and pink clays.. he mixed 5 parts translucent 1/2 part pink, 1 part gold.. wow! A perfect color! and then I woke up.. remembering the details, I followed Mr. Leprachaun showed me.. I made my project in the middle of the night! And he was right!!! Kaloka diba?


What's your huge dream project?
           CRAFTING TIME! Physical shop… more like Michaels in the Philippines that carries arts and crafts materials, plus handmade creations of my friends..

What's your best Quote as an Artist /Person? 
"you feel good when you look good…
You look good when you feel good...
and when you feel good about yourself, it shows!"

Any piece of tips for your co-artists or for those still keen to learn?
           I always hear these from my students after attending the workshop: "I didn't know I can do it" or "I can't believe i made this" - and I would just smile..

           Would they know it, if they didn't try? Never be afraid to explore new things.. to try new techniques.. Don't be afraid to spend more peso for polymer clay, even if it will turn into you scrap tray.. Yes, experience is the best teacher but learn from mistakes of others..

Attend workshops to hone your talent.. consider it as investment.. you are just spending today for your future. As my teacher Rocky Villegas once told me.. "Don't be afraid to mix things.. Explore and Enjoy! - a message I will always remember.

                                               ◎◎ 

Visit Melody of Crafting Time ( click the links )

Crafting Time Creations: 






No comments: