Friday, July 27, 2012

"Immeasurable and boundless" -Mai


.Featured Artist.

Are you ready to meet another Clay Artist? Here we go. 

We will introduce Miss Myleen Mercado Villegas, one of the first three spotted featured this month of July. 
Another artist that will inspire us through passion of arts and way more knowing her.  Let's have another peek reading Mai's interview stories. 
                                               ◎

Hi, I'm Myleen Mercado Villegas, but my family and friends usually call me "Mai". I'm 31 years old born as the eldest among my 3 siblings. I am a wife of an equally creative husband, who happens to have passion for arts as well. 
Crafting and cooking are my love language; I love doing arts and crafts; I'm fond of creating pieces that will showcase my love for art. I'm in love with arts. My parents are the original creative ones- it runs in the blood i guess!


I grew up in a home where creativity part of the routine. I remember burns from the heat of the glue gun because I was nosy while my mom's crafting made-to-order wedding souvenir for a friend.. hues of soft pastels and stains of paints of my dads's ensembles of various back-drops and portraits..projects that always inspire me. I grew up with it. 


My love for clay-art began when I stopped by a book store and browsed one of the polymer clay-art  book.. Oh-my I'm teary-eyed and overwhelmed with what I saw.. so much to do with polymer clay.. since then, after some push-and-go and bunch of encouragements from friends.. viola! I am not just an artist--but a clay artist..ha-ha... I love the term! But I'm still on the process of discovering and learning things about polymer-clay arts.


How long are you working as an Artist? Do you have 
          I started doing clay art creations just this October, 2011. Prior to that, I'm into beading & crocheting as a hobby.

Do you have have different so-called Artist Name or your signature name as an Artist?
          Yes I do, It's "MAVI".

If there is, how and what's the meaning your signature name?
           MAVI simply stands for Ma-i Vi-llegas

So, what kind of artist are you?
           I'm a functional and a representational kind of an artist, where the purpose of an artwork is so important to me, whether my creation inspires, decorates or just for pleasure as long as it explores the emotions and affects the surroundings, that's my kind of piece I guess. My art usually represents something even if it's not realistic.

Your best stamina for working or creating an art?
           My best stamins to start an artwork is my husband's words of encouragement. - maybe because he's the person I'm eager to show my piece every time I'm done with a certain project. A routine as I may say.

Creativity means...
           Immeasurable and boundless, if it's done creatively, then it can never be measured because it's originally made. Not printed as if it comes our of a photo copying machine; thus can never be compared to anything else, but rather as a "represented piece of an inspiration".

What inspires you to pursue your gifted-talent? 
           What inspires me is my fond for women's accessories. Because I am an accessory savvy, and I do love wearing statement or cocktail rings. 

What do you like about your work?
           Oh my, it's hard to tell (shyness strikes).. ha-ha.. but most of my friends and one of my clients told me that my work is wearable. -with that statement, I'm overwhelmed and happy.

Which colors you prefer to work with? Give some 3.
           Earth colors, pastel colors and elegant one like white and gold.

Earth colors -can match up everything because of its hues from beige to rustic brown, whether it's for an accessory or simple table top decor.

Pastel colors -are light and yet vibrant and can always be matched up with a vintage hint; I love soft pink palettes of vintage floral prints that I even tried making throw pillow covers for my mom. 

White and Gold -always gives a Grecian/Roman inspired kind of elegance.

Do you think do you have some signature creations  or you're usually eager to do?
            I do not claim this as my own, but the style that I always l ove to do are the ones with swirls and flowers, it's a girly-thing.

Where or How did you get ideas about your creations?
            For my surroundings, blooms of gardens.. from books of whimsical ones and sometimes an inspiration from my favorite clay artists as well. 

What's your huge dream project?
            My huge dream is that someday, I'll be able to create a "mural" of clay art. A big wall display of my very own statement piece.

Best Quote as an Artist or Person?
"Creativity cannot be measured" -it indeed is limitless!        
Any piece of tips for your co-artists or for those still keen to learn?
              Always acknowledge our creator (our God) because He enable us to be creative and artistic in our own field, therefore; we will never run out of will and inspiration to explore and learn even the hardest technique to try for a certain piece of art. This is my drive! -coz I'm also, am still on the process of learning and working our my craft. Happy Claying and crafting everyone!

 


Visit Mai of MAVI crafts and designs: (click the links)
www.facebook.com/mai9380v
www.facebook.cpm/MaviCrafts

   Mavi's humble creations:




No comments: